The Elegant Lady’s Closet pattern has something for everyone! I took some designs I’d played around with years ago and turned them into a “mega pattern.” All of the pieces are totally correct for the time period (ideal for 1790s-1805) and can be mixed and matched to create an entire wardrobe of gowns! You’ll be able to create day gowns, half-robes, visiting gowns, and evening gowns with ease. Best of all, this pattern is ideal for expectant and nursing mothers, since the drawstring gown accommodates a tummy, and both gowns are nursing-friendly! More photos are below to give you an idea of how you can use this pattern. Important: The gowns in this pattern were designed to be worn over period underpinnings and will not fit correctly over modern undergarments. Please make sure you have your proper underpinnings before you use this pattern!
- Sizes 6-26DD all included in one ePattern.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Options for long sleeves, fitted elbow-length sleeves, and short puffed sleeves, as well as two different bodice styles.
- Bonus: Includes authentic embroidery motifs as well as patterns for two “ridicules” (Regency era purses)!
- Click here for the Elegant Lady’s Closet yardage chart
- Available for instant download!
- This pattern is rated intermediate, but I’ve had beginners make gowns with minimal assistance from an experienced seamstress.
Note:If you purchased a copy of the paper pattern prior to May 2010 or the ePattern prior to March 2012, click HERE for corrections/revisions.
(Looking for the paper version rather than the ePattern? Purchase from one of our many retailers worldwide!)