Here is my 1940s “Swing” Dress Pattern, inspired by an original Hollywood design, circa 1942. The design comes from the WWII days of fabric rationing, which meant narrower skirts and more tailored lines. If you like “Peggy Carter” style, this is the pattern for you!
- Sizes 8-26 all included in one ePattern.
- Unique yoke with gathered shoulders and two sleeve options (short and “bracelet-length”).
- Gored skirt great for twirling! Put on your dancing shoes!
- Transition this pattern to evening wear by lengthening the skirt.
- Photo Instructions online.
- Click to download the Swing Dress Pattern yardage chart.
- Available for instant download!
- This pattern is rated advanced intermediate, due to the fitting and tailoring, but beginners have taken my online class and navigated through it just fine.
- Also see Casey’s detailed and oh-so-helpful Swing Dress Sew-Along!
Thank you very much to customer-models Casey of Elegant Musings and Anna (pink) of Pleasant View Schoolhouse!
Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to January, 2008, click HERE for corrections/revisions.
(Looking for the paper version rather than the ePattern? Purchase from one of our many retailers worldwide!)