This is my 1914 Afternoon Dress pattern, which was inspired by an original design in a 1914 home economics textbook. It is a wonderful pattern for everything from everyday linen dresses to ethereal, filmy tea gowns!
- Sizes 6-26 “DD” all included in one ePattern.
- Several sleeve styles included (set-in or puffed; wrist- or elbow-length; cuffs or plain).
- Pattern includes instructions for lace insertion, and appendix includes traceable embroidery designs.
- You can also use the pattern to create a simple shift-style underdress. All instructions included!
- Special bodice option just for nursing moms with a secret front nursing panel.
- Photo Instructions online.
- Click to download the 1914 Afternoon Dress Pattern yardage chart.
- Available for instant download!
- This pattern is rated intermediate to advanced, depending on whether or not you opt for lace insertion and embroidery.
- I also offer an online class if you’d like step-by-step instructions and help for creating your own gown!
Important Note: Because this pattern was drafted from an original 1914 design, it is created to be worn over a corseted form. If you do not wear a corset with the dress, I recommend cutting your bodice two sizes larger than what your bustline measurement calls for; that will give you the needed modern “ease” to wear the dress comfortably without a corset!
Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to 2003, click HERE for corrections/revisions.
(Looking for the paper version rather than the ePattern? Purchase from one of our many retailers worldwide!)