I created this pattern by pulling research together from several sources (along with customer requests!). I studied a Spencer jacket in the D.A.R. Museum collection and one at the Valentine. I also drew from Janet Arnold’s wonderful Patterns of Fashion.
- Sizes 6-26DD all included in one envelope.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Options for double-breasted or “frog” closure and two different collar treatments.
- Also makes up as a sleeveless pelisse or long coat with a skirt!
- Photo Instructions online (available soon in PDF format).
- Click to download the Regency Spencer-Pelisse yardage chart.
- Also available for instant download as an ePattern in PDF format!
- This pattern is rated intermediate.
This pattern is rated “intermediate,” but I have had beginners use it successfully with a minimum of help. And I am always available through the Contact Form if you have questions!
Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to 2004, click HERE for corrections.