This is my original Regency gown pattern, modeled after the styles of the middle Regency and particularly appropriate for 1810s impressions. If you’re new to this time period, this is the pattern I recommend starting with, as it goes together very easily.
- Sizes 6-18 all included in one envelope.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Options for long sleeves, short sleeves, undersleeves and wide or narrow skirt.
- Pattern supplement available for ladies sized 18-26 D and DD. (Order at the bottom of this page.)
- Download the Regency Gown Pattern’s yardage chart.
- Photo Instructions online and in PDF format for download!
- Bonus photo tutorial to make a bodiced petticoat from this pattern.
- Available for instant download as an ePattern.
- Still a bit intimidated? Why not enroll in my online class?
To see how you can easily alter this pattern to include a train, overskirt, nursing access, and other details, visit my Sewing Tips section. The pattern and the supplement are both rated “intermediate”, but I have had many beginners complete a gown with a minimum of help. Important: If you measure for a size between 20-26 or have a DD cup size, you will need the 18-26DD supplement in addition to the full pattern. It is available for $6.95 or as an ePattern in PDF format. Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to March 30, 2006, click HERE for corrections/revisions.
Regency Gown Supplement If you measure between an 18-26 or a DD cup, you’ll need this supplement in addition to the original Regency Gown pattern. This takes the pattern up from size 18 through 26, since it was not possible to fit all the extra pieces onto the two sheets in the original pattern. Available in paper format for $6.95 or as an ePattern (instant download) for $2.95. Click to view the Regency Gown Pattern Supplement yardage chart. Note: If you purchased a copy of this supplement prior to July 2009, click HERE for corrections.