The Girls’ Regency Dress is the perfect companion to the women’s pattern above and includes options for short sleeves, long sleeves, and undersleeves. There’s also an appendix that gives directions for making a “drawstring” look dress (shown in the last four photos). [Revised in 2012 to include sizes 12 and 14!]
- Sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 & 14 all included in one envelope.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Options for long sleeves, short sleeves, and undersleeves.
- Photo Instructions online (available in PDF format soon).
- Click to download the Girls’ Regency Pattern Chart.
- Also available for instant download as an ePattern in PDF format!
- This pattern is rated intermediate, but I’ve had beginners make dresses with minimal assistance from an older seamstress.
The bodice for the girls’ pattern is straight (not gathered) across the front, and the skirt gathers all the way around (though you can create it with gathers across the back only if you prefer). The bodice back has the period correct dropped shoulder seams and curved side back seams. A wide ribbon around the waist gives the dress a darling “Kate Greenaway” look. You can follow the instructions in the appendix to create a cute, gathered slip-on version of the dress as well. The pattern is rated “intermediate” because of the lining and understitching, but it is actually easier to put together than the women’s pattern. Please note that this pattern is designed for girls who have not yet hit puberty. Girls who are already developing will need the women’s pattern (the size 6 is the next natural step up from this pattern). I am always available through the Contact Form if you have questions!
Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to January 15, 2004, click HERE for corrections/revisions. If you bought the earlier version with sizes 1-10 only, there’s no need to buy the pattern all over again. Drop me a line through the contact form with your Paypal transaction ID or the email address you used to place your order, and I’ll send you a free ePattern. (If you ordered via snail mail, please provide the approximate date you placed your order, along with your full name and mailing address.)