Here is my 1940s “Swing” Dress Pattern, inspired by an original Hollywood design, circa 1942. The design comes from the WWII days of fabric rationing, which meant narrower skirts and more tailored lines. If you like “Peggy Carter” style, this is the pattern for you!
- Sizes 8-26 all included in one envelope.
- Unique yoke with gathered shoulders and two sleeve options (short and “bracelet-length”).
- Gored skirt great for twirling! Put on your dancing shoes!
- Transition this pattern to evening wear by lengthening the skirt.
- Photo Instructions online (coming soon in PDF format).
- Click to download the Swing Dress Pattern yardage chart.
- Available for instant download as an ePattern in PDF format!
- I also have an online class available for this pattern.
- Also see Casey’s detailed and oh-so-helpful Swing Dress Sew-Along!
Thank you very much to customer-models Casey of Elegant Musings and Anna (pink) of Pleasant View Schoolhouse!
Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to January, 2008, click HERE for corrections/revisions.