Because I’ve had a lot of requests for patterns easy enough for beginners, I’ve kept this pattern as simple as the adult version and omitted the more dramatic adult “V” back. With its kimono-sleeve style, the difficulty of setting in sleeves is completely eliminated. The biggest challenge for a complete beginner will be sewing in the zipper, and I’ve included only the easiest zipper option in this child’s pattern.
- All sizes from 2-14 included in one envelope.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Kimono-sleeve bodice style makes this a great starter pattern for sewing newbies.
- Bonus instructions in the appendix for creating a full-skirted crinoline petticoat.
- Download the yardage chart for this pattern.
- ePattern available for instant download.
- Matching ladies’ pattern will make perfect mother-daughter dresses!
A huge thank-you goes out to Katrina Casey over at Edelweiss Patterns, who offered to test-sew the new pattern for me and create these adorable “sister” dresses. Be sure to visit Katrina’s site and check out her beautiful line of “Sound of Music” patterns!