I created the Girls’ Pinafore & Pantaloons pattern to work within several different eras and be versatile enough for play and dress-up! Pinafores are perfect over Regency and Romantic Era dresses, and pantaloons make it easy to run and play even in girly clothes.
- Sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 & 10 all included in one ePattern.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Options for plain and fancy pinafores.
- Pantaloons pattern works for knee-length bloomers as well!
- Photo Instructions online.
- Click to download the Girls’ Pinafore-Pantaloons Pattern yardage chart.
- Available for instant download!
- This pattern is rated intermediate, but the pantaloons are definitely easy enough for a beginner.
Above are photographs of three versions of the pinafore. One was created from cream-colored voile with French seams, ruffles, and tucks. Another was made of cotton and eyelet. This pinafore will work over the girls’ Regency Dress pattern, but it is also appropriate for the Romantic Era and the late Victorian-early Edwardian eras. The plain pinafore is rated “easy,” because a beginner could put it together with no trouble. The heirloom pinafore requires some more advanced sewing techniques (French seams, tucks, etc.), but it is still more “intermediate” than “advanced.” You can also see the pantaloons peeking out from beneath the bottom of two dresses below. These are quick and easy to make and can also be created in “plain” and “fancy” versions!
Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to 2006, click HERE for corrections.
(Looking for the paper version rather than the ePattern? Purchase from one of our many retailers worldwide!)