I made my Regency gown from some stretch crushed velvet that I had found at a garage sale. Because of the stretchiness of the fabric, I simply sewed the seams, and then serged them all – which eliminated the need for snipping curves, and reduced alot of bulk where the gathers are in the back and the tops of the sleeves. I also didn’t embellish it much – aside from the off-white sheer ribbon roses at the center front of the bodice. The buttons I chose for the back just happened to be in my friend’s box of random buttons she had collected over the years. They’re a heavy, dark brass and have a beautiful design on them. All my friends love this dress! I’m looking forward to making a few others. Blessings, Michelle M.
Michelle also mentions that she’s found the Regency Gown pattern works great for maternity! I can echo that, having made quite a few maternity gowns for myself from it!