“Swing” Style Blouse

Made from shirting material or (as in this example) silk with short sleeves, my Romantic Era Blouse pattern looks very retro-1940s!  This is a fun pattern to use to create a wide variety of styles.

• Sizes XS, S, M, L, XL (essentially 6-24) all included in one envelope.
  • Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
  • Options for long, cuffed sleeves and short cap sleeves.
  • All-in-one collar makes this an easy blouse to put together.
  • Photo Instructions in the works!
  • Click to download the Romantic Blouse Pattern yardage chart.
  • Also available for instant download as an ePattern in PDF format!

Note: If you purchased a copy of this pattern prior to August 20, 2007, clickHERE for corrections/revisions.

9 Comments on “Swing” Style Blouse

1. Lyric
    August 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm (2 years ago)

WOW, the red in this photograph is popping!

2. MarianneTilney
    September 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm (2 years ago)

I am looking for a pattern for a circa 1947 New Look dress–do you have any plans to develop such a pattern?

September 2, 2012 at 1:46 am (2 years ago)

Hi, Marianne! “New Look” covers a lot of options, as fashion changed dramatically from 1945-1950. I have already sent pattern sheets to my printer for two new 1950s patterns, and I am finalizing sheets for at least three more (aiming for Christmas publication). If you have an image of the design you like, please email it, and I’ll let you know if it’s close to what I have coming out. Thanks!

3. MarianneTilney
    September 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks, Jennie! What I have in mind is a full-skirted dress with a fitted bodice that buttons down the front. Either a scooped or a collared neckline. Short uncuffed or 3/4 cuffed sleeves. It’s a style that suits me very well, but as I am a size 20 it’s hard finding a ready-made, reasonably priced dress in that size. Also, I have some gorgeous shot silk, cobalt blue and emerald green that I want to use for it!

4. PerlenDiva
    September 9, 2012 at 8:46 am (2 years ago)

That sounds promising. I’m always curious with what patterns you come up next ;-)
    Constance

5. Amber
    March 5, 2013 at 9:33 pm (2 years ago)

Can you tell me if the blouse pattern goes up to 42″ bust?

March 5, 2013 at 10:29 pm (2 years ago)

Yes, indeed! It actually goes up to 46″. :)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on “Swing” Style Blouse

1. […] the real highlight of sewing this outfit was the red silk blouse made from the 1940s blouse pattern by Sense & Sensibility Patterns!  When trimmed with lace and made with long sleeves, this […]